Factory X is a diverse, leading Australian fashion retailer established in 1986. Our brands include Gorman, Dangerfield, Princess Highway, and Black Friday. Setting trends throughout the years, our iconic brands are designed to be worn by people who use fashion as a statement to encourage expression and inclusivity.
Reporting to the planning manager, the planning assistant will support them to maximise business profits through effective merchandise management from conception to sale.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fully support the merchandising planning manager in all day-to-day tasks
- Assist in running weekly, monthly and seasonal trading reports as business requested.
- Assist the retail team with all tools needed for markets (selling reports, line lists, samples, prices)
- Advise and update all changes through the season to all departments and in master files
- Complete end-of-season reports, including TY/LY category report, colour selling, best sellers/reorders, analysis by division, bought vs sold etc.
- Assist with all stock movement actions – Allocation/Consolidation/End of Season recall
- AP21 data entry
- Provide Merchandising assistance to departments throughout the company on an as-needed basis
- Ability to be self-motivated and enjoy a fast-paced, multifaceted work environment while fostering collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams
- Assist with range review set-up
Qualifications and Other Requirements:
- Fashion merchandising experience
- Strong financial and commercial business acumen
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Able to learn in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to prioritise projects and handle multiple tasks
- Must be analytical
- Maintain positive company morale
- Knowledge of the contemporary market is a plus
- Forecasting and financial planning
- Maintain composure and professionalism under pressure while meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines
- A proven track record of effective stock management in a fast-paced fashion business
If you want to learn more about this exciting role, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com